lennyTR
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 142379
Vehicle:
2007 WRX TR
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiroaki View Post
I recently installed a set of Riken HIDs on my 04 wrx. The passenger light flickers then shuts off. I did cut and slice, two wires from the silver harness mounted on the back of the headlight. I changed the connectors twice on the sliced harness. As soon I change the connectors it lights up. Then when I mount the ballast and turn the car on, the light flickers and turns off again. On the side note my drive side hids still work perfectly fine. Please help me out thanks.
Not sure exactly what you mean by 'cut and slice', (perhaps you meant 'cut and splice') but double-check to make sure your connections are perfect.

Aftermarket HID systems are usually all the same:
Original headlight harness/plug--->aftermarket ballast-->aftermarket igniter-->aftermarket HID bulb

If you're still having problems, narrow it down to find which component in the system is faulty. Since you said that your driver side still works fine, swap each component to the passenger side, one-by-one starting with the ballast.
That should allow you to see which component of the passenger side system is bad.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lennyTR is offline   Reply With Quote