Originally Posted by sublimeplaid
I understand your pain, but FYI I am running 18x8.5 +33 with 235/45 tires on wagon fenders dude, obviously you have like 3x the tire, but I mean come on, you didn't even go x9?
Looking forward to your build!!
Ok.. so here is the reasoning from my other threads
- so I wanted to run a 265 series tire
- This tire fits on my rims
- The offset of my rim and tire package fill my fenders
- They fill them enough that I have to do a bit more work on the rear to prevent rubbing
- Anything wider with a 5x100 and the offset I needed to fill the fenders is pretty much a custom rim
So why go through the expense of a cusom wider rim when I am running the tire that I want... just so that I can say I have a wider rim?
If I was 5x114.3 then the world would have been my oyster... but when it comes to rims.. when you are 5x100 your choices and options are much more limited.
I really don't want this thread to turn into a "You should have gotten different rims" thread.. I love my rims and tires, they are exactly what I want and give the car the look that I was going for