Scooby Newbie

Member#: 171945
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Wagon
White

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelucas View Post
In my car, I swapped to 05+ STi door cards and switches at the same time as the console swap. I had Audio Integrations extend/re-wire my mirrors from the center console over to the door switch.

They will sit in if you position them correctly. Also, there are some metal clips that the manual control cars (06-07 TR) have that the other models do not that serve as the mounts for HVAC controls. You can see the rectangular openings where these clips are supposed to go in to. My console swap came with one clip and I was able to use zip-ties to secure the other three corners of the HVAC controls. Sounds cheesy, but it is very solid and works perfectly.

You don't shorten the cable, you swap the short cable that is connected to the handle from your 02-04 handle to your 05+ handle. As for leaning to the left, like someone else said, I just bent mine so that the handle was reasonably centered.

the zip tie method sounds cheesy, but I just did the exact same thing in my 04 to 06 console swap. Four zip-ties, one at each corner, and its not going anywhere. Great call.
As for the e-brake handle, even swapping the cable did not give me enough tightness in the line so I improvised a bit. I used a nylon spacer from Lowe's to 'shorten' the cable by an additional 3/4 inch. Now its OEM tight and no ordering special parts.

All in all, very easy, but it definitely took me like 3 hours to figure everything out the way I wanted. So again, very easy, just takes a bit of time.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrxmeade is offline   Reply With Quote