Member#: 4021
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1999 Legacy GT Ltd
Quick Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Legacy View Post
Is that an SUS or just a regular GT?
Nope. This is a very rare 1999 30th Anniversary Subaru Legacy GT Limited, and from the photographs it appears to be in excellent condition.

If it were a Legacy SUS it would have two tone paint, a raised suspension and 15 inch diameter wheels. Speaking of those wheels... those are the 16 inch, 18-spoke "snowflake" style wheels in polished aluminum alloy with gold paint between the spokes. These wheels were ONLY available on the 1999 model year Limiteds. Any other year and these wheels would have been PAINTED a dull grey "silver" colour.

Being a 30th Anniversary Limited, I suspect it very likely has an automatic transmission.

These cars are exceptionally rare.

I would dearly love to see the first 12 digits of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) .

EDIT: Its a 5 speed !!! Awesome !!! That makes it even rarer.

These cars typically have a special airfoil on the drivers side windshield wiper that I don't see in your photo. Maybe its just the photograph or my failing eyesight.

Other than the heated front passenger seats and heated mirrors (the "cold weather package"), in block electrical coolant heater, dealer installed "sub-woofer", "premium" speakers, a cargo net for the trunk, rear differential and front oil pan skid plates... I can't, off the top of my head, think of many optional equipment choices. The Limiteds were really intended to include all the popular options a "normal" person might want, so all thats left are a few specialty options that only a very few buyers might select.

The "Double DIN" OEM radio (made by Panisonic) has AM/FM, Cassette tape, a single Compact Disk player, two channel "Weather band" and a clock.

The imitation plastic faux wood interior trim is all over the interior and is something most owners either love, or hate.
I believe the center faux wood trim (around the centre air vents) is unique to the limiteds.

The body colour lower body cladding (rocker pannels, etc...) is the first tip off that this car is a "Limited".
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Jonathan; 07-17-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote