View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #39
Bob the fabricator
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 104246
Chapter/Region: NESIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsc View Post
I have had a good long talk to Kev down at Kelford cams, and he beleives with some more compression , some head work and the right cams 300whp is not impossible, and that would make this thing a rocket ship sounds good to me
BTW when you get around to building something give me a call, i have everything for mine on CAD if your interested.
cheers John
About 2 years back we shipped some EG33 cams to Kelford from the states. They said there wasn't much they could do with them in terms of aggressive regrinds, but unfortunately billets were not cost-effective to produce either. So we ended up sending them to Web cams, and they welded and re-ground them based on the flow test results from the heads. The inlet ports flow very well in stock form BTW, but the exhaust side needs some work! And they love high valve lift, we're running over 11mm on both sides. If you invest in decent headwork and cams, plus higher compression, you should have no trouble hitting your mark. We got 292 whp from an EG33 with a stock shortblock, custom exhaust, and Autronic management. Shift points at 8200 rpms BTW...

The Web cams are admittedly quite aggressive, but they really woke things up! If you want more details on the exact combination, let me know.

Regards,
Bob
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bob the fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote