View Single Post
Old 07-27-2002, 12:43 AM   #1
treyZ28
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 22003
Vehicle:
95 camarZ28
white

Talking I want a subaru Impreza, but i dont know what its called or what to look for...help!

hey guys,
newbie here. As you can tell by my sig, i'm not exactly an import lover although my family and I have owned 2 already (one that we flipped). I hate the WRX and think it overrated. its quick because of AWD, not the 160hp its putting to th ground . thats just me though

My rents gave me a 93 impreza front wheel drive and all 110horses that came with it. its got a 135k miles and burning some oil. although i can, i don't feel like changing rings. valve seals ect...

I just want a Nice winter car for the winter, with AWD for when I go snowboarding. I hate SUV's. I already have one gas guzzler, don't need another.

I want an impreza with the 2.5 L for the winter so i can power through the snow.
Its not the one with the big doofy headlights, but it looks a bit better than my 93. I'm not going to mod it, well maybe a CD player and some snow tires, but thats bout it... MAYBE some suspension down the line... (this is all too familiar... i got a stock camaro and said that... soon its going to be an 11sec car pulling +.90 g's)

I have some general questions
what should I pay for this car with about 40-60k miles in good condition?
what should i look for? any problem areas?

any options that are good to have, especailly in snow

hows the 5Spd? good ? bad?

how are they in snow?

does the AWD have traction/stability controll?

easy to work on?

I wouldn't mind getting a bit of a fixer upper... I never worked on a DOHC car, but everything but the front 2 seats in my camaro have been out at one point... so i know what i'm doing. Any ideas on where to get one?

Are they worth more in the winter or summer (camaro is worth crap in the winter)

Where can I find some subarus for sale?
I'd like one with nothing but AWD and a CD player...

thanks guys
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
treyZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote