So been on this forum for a few years now and i finally decided to post about my 2nd project car the first one got totaled... But it lives again.
So it started as a stock 95 Subaru Impreza L AWD Coupe. It had all the base options manual windows/door locks. This is right before i started really "modifying" it.
So i had already done a swap into a GC chassis before with a 91 Legacy SS drive terrain swap. I also went from FWD to AWD in this swap. I couldn't just let this totaled car go to waste..
I pulled the motor and inspected it closer and turns out the cam pulley had been smashed into the head and cracked it. So it gave me the reason to go bigger
I found my self some JDM legacy Heads/intake and thought why not go a little bit bigger on the turbo. I got my self a JDM STI 16g turbo with the 90* bend. I didnt bother building the block up any because it didnt burn any oil and ran flawlessly before and im not at the point for a monster build. I also at the time replaced the oil pump,water pump, timing pulleys,water temp sensor,front/rear main seals. all the hose lines and all the gaskets/o rings on the engine.
Yes that is a ton of RTV. Why i did this is so that it kept the water from getting in because i didn't get the timing covers with the heads so i had to buy some brand new 98 Legacy GT timing covers and they bolt right up but have gaps on that side.
The EJ18 gets pulled:
The Frank motor goes in: