davedaman77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 177385
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
08 2.5i
SSM

Default HELP! EJ20K swap! Please?!

Alright. Have any of y'all ever gotten to the point where there was no turning back on a swap and have no wiring diagrams and no idea where to start?

Okay, so we get the old engine out, the new one prepped, and ready to go back in. So, all of that is done. My buddy that's helping me is busy today, so I decided to just get the wiring done and out of the way so that when we do get the engine in, we'll be that much closer to being done with this. (Which btw is a mixture of excitement as well as being so p***ed off that I don't care if I never get the car back together. ) But, I realize as I start checking my wires that the wiring diagram for my EJ20's ecu is completely wrong and now I can't find any diagrams anywhere. I've been searching for a good hour and I have to get this done today.

So, these are the questions that I have:
1. What year did they change from ej20ks to ej207?

2. My engine was built in 8/97, so I would think it was built for the MY98.. But I want someone to clarify this.

3. Does anyone have the right wiring diagrams? I don't know exactly what part of the ecu code that you would need, but mine is (below I.S.)22611 AC722(below that on the left)A18-000 D63(and to the right of that)7908.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
I really only have the weekend to get this done, because we've been working on this for 2 weekends now and I need my car.

PLEASE, bring me some good news.

Dave
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by davedaman77; 08-16-2008 at 02:59 PM.
davedaman77 is offline   Reply With Quote