Originally Posted by Gigabelova
Here is what I am thinking rules are to be. I have not yet confirmed these rules, but opinions are welcome. Please note that these rules are unique and are NOT meant to follow or simulate the SCCA road rally rules:
1. All cars entering must arrive and be ready to begin by target time.
2. All cars must display sponsorship stickers on select body panel parts(if sponsorship is offered).
3. All highway/street speed limits are to be obeyed. If a driver is caught going above the speed limit, an automatic disqualification is issued.
4. Any ticket issued by a police officer to a driver during the duration of the rally means automatic disqualification.
5. No GPS system is to be used to preserve fairness and equality.
6. 2 categories are available. One for Solo class (where a car is driven solely by a driver and contains no passengers) and another for Dual class (where a car must contain at least 1 driver and 1 navigator. Additional occupants are allowed).
7. Cars exceeding the allotted time to arrive at the destination are automatically disqualified.
8. If a vehicle is to arrive before the minimum time limit a time penalty will be issued.
9. If there is to be a middle checkpoint, all cars participating must check in at the middle checkpoint.
Also, all cars must pass safety inspection which includes the following criteria:
- Cars must run on gasoline, diesel or ethanol 85 as a primary source of fuel. Alcohol/methanol/water injection is allowed as long as the vehicle uses one of the three mentioned fuels.
- Cars with relocated batteries must be contained in a battery box. It does not have to be NHRA approved, but must be within DOT compliance or in a secure fashion.
- All cars must have at least 1 spare tire inflated to the manufacturer recommended settings.
LOOKS REALLY GOOD Alex! Thats definatley something to think about. We will have to go out one of these up comming weekends to figure out how to set it up.