wsc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 182830
Vehicle:
2008 Porsche WSC LMP
dark blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrity024 View Post
very much what i'm thinking/wondering about.

modifying a street-designed AWD transmission to work in a 2wd racecar just doesn't seem like the best idea to me. i'm curious how you arrived at the decision to run the gearbox that you're running..
Andrew , mate a very easy and simple answer, MONEY, the box i have in there is one that came out of a Saker, its a 2wd box with a close ratio set and slippery diff installed and cost me $500 after a freshen up with new bearings and syncros,
I would dearly love to have a quaife sequential, Ricardo etc in there, but unless i can attract some sponsership its out of the question on my budget. but please feel free to jump on board , i,m positive i'm onto a very quick car with this project, and one that will be a fraction of the price of a Juno or Nemisis etc that it will be competing against, but for some strange reason i cant seem to raise any interest down here whatsoever, pity, so they will all get one helluva shock i hope when it hits the track.

I have solved the inlet manifold problem , oh how i love japanese enginering, just simply turn it around

also gave me the opportunity to get rid of excess emision plumbing, i will have to remount the alternator but thats no problem

cheers John
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by wsc; 09-13-2008 at 12:40 AM.
wsc is offline   Reply With Quote