View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #21
cornwallav8r
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 189382

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciper View Post
Normally the goal of a turbo'd ej25NA would be to increase the horsepower with high amounts of boost. In that case the quoted part of your post makes sense. However what if he had an MBC set for a constant 2PSI? I would guess thats within the range to run 89 octane fuel with no intercooler and no pulled timing. Without an intercooler the additional weight would be minimal (essentially just the down pipe and turbo).

My suggestion for the turbo'd ej25NA was to maintain linear performance no matter the altitude. I have no experience with aircraft so I'm not sure if its an issue but at least this way the ECU would see a continuous airflow for the RPM during takeoff and cruise.
This is exactly what I want to do. Maintain sea level performance. But if I can do that with a "phase II" setup with opened up intake and exhaust and maybe some cam work, and skip the turbo entirely ALL THE BETTER
Lowest weight, lowest cost, and highest reliability are the goals here. Not necessarily in that order.

I can post a pic of my machine if you want, and it is allowed, not sure how to do it though.

Here is the Subaru from the Ukraine....http://www.aerokopter.co.za/Technica...ifications.htm
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by cornwallav8r; 09-17-2008 at 10:00 PM.
cornwallav8r is offline   Reply With Quote