Old 09-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #12
axelthrasher
Scooby Guru

Member#: 144779
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
200X ZOMG a car 100%
crabon fibre girlfrendorz

Not trying to crap on your thread or anything, but my take on the situation is that the ONLY 5 speed trans' that will benefit from this is the guys running some beefy ass straight cut gears. Even with MFactory and RA gear sets - the problem is still strength of the actual gears. I blew my 3rd gear in my trans (and my stock gears were cryo treated and shot peened as I lost a set previous to that set.), so they were replaced with RAs (the original ones that were still decent). When everything was pulled apart - the case was still fine, and this is after it's 2nd gear set that blew up in it.

I still plan on doing PPG straight cuts in my gear box, but I am trying to make my RAs last as long as I can. So, I was wondering if you were looking at the situation of how this could make the gears actually last longer? Given that the aluminum used in the trans cases sucks, it seems that cases cracking isn't nearly as common. Do you think that these braces will help prevent gears sliping leading to gears breaking? Or is your stance that the actual cases are flexing allowing the input shaft to move enough to damage the gears?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
axelthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote