TurboQueef
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 86700
Vehicle:
2005 STI
Silver/Black,11.44@123.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
nice strong running car! how is the red for normal driving?
As far as the Red itself, it has more lag than I like but I have become accustomed to it. I just have to rev it a bit higher to get the same push in seat feeling I got with the stock turbo... it is a bit of an inconvenience but ... all is made up when you mash it and distort your face with the unbelievable pull to redline.

As far as drive-ability... I have over 8K miles on the Red.. drive the car to work every day (30 miles away)... still get over 20mpg (normally 24). The ACT 6 puck is very drivable.. zero problems with chatter etc.

The only issue that is giving me a problem is tuning the 83mm CAI for easy driving. Anyone who has installed a larger intake probably has noticed that tuning the intake cal from 2K to 3K is tough. Even with my 70mm I had to really work on it to get smooth acceleration with no bucking/backfires. I have not been able to get the 83mm completely smoothed out in this RPM range. The basic problem is that even with the trims at +/- 3% it goes lean under slight load... breaks up bucks etc.

I can drive around this problem but every so often... normally when I am showing off the car to someone .. I get into this RPM range and it bucks spits and sputters...

All things considered... it is very street-able in my opinion.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TurboQueef is online now   Reply With Quote