Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
15 WRX/05 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Board Dad View Post
I have looked all over and found photos, and part numbers for the remote entry, and security module. I am certain that my car had these to begin with, as there is a logo about factory security. I don't have a keyless entry remote provided with the car when I bought it, and there is a horn under the hood (which has had wires cut to it) I already bought a new remote (hoping that it would just program, and go) Now I don't want to buy anything I don't need, but the symptoms are this: I can only lock/unlock driver door with key, or the tab next to inside door handle. The buttons on driver or pass. side un/lock all 3 other doors though. I am wondering if this sounds like someone has made changes on purpose, or if this car was a victim of a crime sometime way back? I saw the mention that a security module would be found under the armrest, so I will look there in the morning. Any help or guidance would be sweet.
The info in this thread is for the GD (bugeye and later) models and doesn't apply to your '00 which had a different alarm. The module won't be under the armrest so don't bother looking for it there.
Given your description of cut wires, this isn't something we can easily diagnose for you over the Internet. Your best bet is to take the car to a dealer or independent Subaru shop and have it evaluated.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote