Member#: 126787
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX STI
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjon777 View Post
You and I have similar mods.

The only issues ive run across are boost creep and the stock L clutch that screams at me every time boost hits 9psi or greater. I also asked you a question in that thread, but ill post it here too.

Why didnt you do a full standalone ecu?

Also, I have a custom intake that fits a clocked td04, specifically made for the 1.8l engine, its actually pretty trick, im going to get some better pics this weekend, but i just wanted to get your thoughts on FMU and also, did you end up keeping the stock L tranny?

check rs25 for my reply.

the boost creep is probably the wastegate not letting enough gases through, that's whay i went with the tial 38mm ewg route. but i'm still creeping with the 38mm, should've went with the 44mm. i'm still on the stock L fwd tranny with a a 11lb flywheel and clutchmasters stage 3. shifting is tight, feels perfect. also fwd axles are thicker than awd axles, however i tore my outer cv boost on both sides when trying to do a burnout. left a huge mess, haha.

like i said, my wife would've killed me if she found out that a standalone costed north of $1000.

post some pics up, cant wait to see it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
joejoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote