Old 11-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
Phatron
Scooby Guru

Member#: 36033
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

well....i guess thats how ignorance is defined right? i said "from what i've seen" about the cost.....it was for one of the bw200's...it was several hundres (~$400) more than the comparable garrett unit.

the rest of that post is fact
$3k for their header
the afrs were all over the place
they posted the same thing in several different car forums....thats marketing.
the gt4094 has a comp map that is way more comparable to the BW
And all those parts dont equal "almost entirely stock"

while it is impressive to show a non-bb 72 lb/min turbo spooling the same as a 62 lb/min turbo its still a weird comparision to post on a subie forum.....since it in no way reflects what the comparos gonna look like on an EJ motor....

while i agree that i dont always say things or convey my thoughts in the nicest way.....99% of my above 3 posts are pure fact.

what can you argue? That BW CAN make magic air pumps? Have you seen multiple results on a ej motor to prove otherwise? The results i saw show 10-15 whp gains with a BW.....to me it wasnt very cost effective....to take out a $1400 turbo and put in a $1800 turbo for 15 whp.....i guess to some it may be.

and yes, maybe i am the one forming my opinion too early......but there have been a lot of hyped up turbos over the years......and it should be pretty obvious by now that im skeptical and dont believe chit until i see a log
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Phatron; 11-22-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote