Old 11-23-2008, 01:17 AM   #4
07SPTWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 149947
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2007 SPT WRX
Obsidian Black Pearl

well - i said "screw it" and put the tires on the same day i posted this (ive been busy at work past couple days) i will say i wasnt expecting much from these tires being im not very fond of goodyears - but we had them at the shop, so i figured id be a test-rat of sorts.

theyre very stiff tires, and were not too difficult to mount - but i was sitting on one and it did not give much(im a good 230-240lbs..yuck) i actually double checked to see if they were run-flats. immidiately after mounting them i went on a test-drive down the street, and around a church parkinglot nearby.

Theyre pretty quiet for how noisy they appear they may be. The only time i can really kinda hear them is at 80mph or higher, and thats with all windows down.
As far as the comfort of the "ride", it was fairly comfortable. Not too stiff, but not soft either. just right(IMO).

Dry traction: Hell yes. with the bridgestones that came on it, i had no trouble breaking loose on a launch, or slightly drifting through a turn. when i got to the church down the street i tried breaking them loose, but just couldnt. granted i only got upto about 40mph in the parking lot - but still. Ive only gotten them to break loose twice. both times they were cold.

i dont know about wet traction yet cause it really has not rained enough to "test" them out. im hoping the results are as good as the others were.

oh, and for who'm ever cares - i put 225/45/17's all around.
i will say i was very suprised by these tires - theyre fairly in-expensive(after taxes a what-not i paid a little under $120 per tire), and provide a good ride. ill give them...........a 4..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
07SPTWRX is offline   Reply With Quote