Scooby Newbie

Member#: 71240
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Cobb Stg II
Aspen White w/Yakima Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchimm5 View Post
Looks like something is causing dynamic toe on the passenger wheel, which makes the (slight?) neg camber an uneven wear issue. Dynamic toe can be caused from play in the wheel: worn hub bearings, worn suspension bushings, bent arms, unevenly worn struts left/right, etc.

Jack up the front, get a firm grip on the passenger wheel and see if there's much play.
Ok, so there's no play in the wheel when I grab the wheel at 12 and 6 and wiggle it. I do hear a strange creaking/squeaking coming from the rear of the car when I go over speed bumps or drive into my garage up a 4 inch step up. I guess that noise could indicate worn suspension parts but the noise is only from the rear of the car.

To pnutbutta:

I do check tire pressure every time I fill up the car so I don't think that's an issue.

Uncle Scotty:

So I would just ask the dealership to set the toe to 0 on the passenger side wheels only?

I guess I should have them check for any damage to suspension parts on that side while I'm at it. I have a feeling if I ask the dealership to look for damage, they'll find some.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Aspenbullet is offline   Reply With Quote