Old 12-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #23
Phatron
Scooby Guru

Member#: 36033
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

yeah and that 400whp 20g was on a dynojet......it woulda made 320whp on a DD....thats why everyone is saying a "true" 450whp is not gonna happen on pump gas.

since the op wants to stay stock location and make max power his options are limited.

ATP35 int gate
ATP35 ext gate
FP Red
Element GT65
Frank35
Deadbolt SZ65

I believe all these turbos are garrett gt35 wheels stuffed in a 3" inlet compressor housing with an 8cm turbine....pretty much small compressor/turbine housing variations on the same turbo.

The ATP is probably the nicest unit and the ext gate turbine housing option should allow it to make smoother and more boost more efficiently than any of its internally gated counterparts. However the ATP is ball bearing and thus repairing is more expensive. Its also $2000 and doesnt come with the ext gate.

I believe all the other units are journal bearing.

the deadbolt sz65 is probably the best option since they have "free rebuilds for life".....although the red is $800 cheaper so it could be repaired 2-3 times before the hitting the sz65 cost.

based on all that info the red would be my choice. you wont get 450whp on a dyno dynamics but you'll get close if you add meth and you could definately do it on c16.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote