Splinter
Scooby Guru

Member#: 106510
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
98 Widebody 2.2
Smooth Safety Blue

Default Project: 22B Killer

Seeing as the first item just arrived on my doorstep, I figure now is a good time to begin the thread documenting this momentous project.
As some as you may have heard, my 98 Impreza RS is getting a full steel widebody treatment in the near future. The plan is for an additional 2" on each side, filled in with GD STi suspension for a wider track, and some slightly wider wheels, which just arrived

5Zigen FN01R-C Hot Version, 17x10 +25 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern. Incredibly light for how massive they are. Around 17lbs each. The plan is to wrap them in Nitto NT-01 275/40R17 tires

Well, yanked out the stock front suspension, powertrain and crossmember today. Got the STI crossmember in, and started test fitting the GD sti suspension parts. No major hangups so far... And I couldnt help but test fit the wheels

Looks like I guessed the right offset, lots of room between the inner lip and the strut body.

Rear suspension has been a total nightmare. I've been at it for the past 3 and a half hours straight and I havent even finished one side. Got it together enough for a mock fitting tho.

More will follow
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Splinter; 01-19-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote