Old 12-13-2008, 08:20 AM   #16
BrunoShield
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 155944
Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Black Granite Pearl

I count my wins and losses differently.

Friends 1998 Mustang 4.6L GT. Towed it out of snow banks three times last year. Laughed all the way home. And I know I can take him in the 1/8th mile and out corner him by a mile, but that's a different story.

New Toyota, 12-15" deep puddle. Pretty blond driver. Toyota 0, puddle 1. I drove through the puddle to hook up my straps and tow her out. After I got her out I then hit the puddle at about 20mph and drove away laughing.

There have been many times the Baja has shown just how capable it is and speed isn't the biggest thing. Yes, it's plenty fast stock. Yes, it corners like it's on rails, stock. It's a darned good 4X4 stock. It can be improved on as a lot of they people here have proved. Beating a 06 Vette isn't what the Baja is about but I'll bet there are one or two on this forum that could do it.

I prefer to enjoy the music at 65mph, with the air on, while there's 6 inches of rain on the road, or driving past Tundra's stuck in the snow while my heated seats keep me warm and I feel the LSDs kicking in on slipperly spots.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.