Scooby Newbie

Member#: 155270
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
13 WRX Limited
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcat View Post
The only thing driving ethanol... is the Iowa corn lobby. Whether you're a total greenie or a clear-cutter, hopefully the one thing we can all agree on is that the further we keep politics from "environmentalism" the better...
Hmmm.. could the fact that Iowa is the first primary state have anything to do with the politics? lol

Fact is, Ethanol plants are so EXPENSIVE, that there is no way private industry would build a plant alone NO ROI (return on investment). The part that sucks is that as the Ethanol dies away there are all these ethanol plants that the Government (Us Taxpayers) paid for sitting empty.

I agree keep Government out of the process, I believe we are on the brink of a revolution in car power plants whether it is Hydrogen, electric or some other power source. Honda has already made great stride on the Hydrogen portion, but the fuel cell price is the only problem with it so far. Imagine though if fuel cells get cheap, you could power your car, your house all without being on the grid, and with CLEAN energy. Like I said on the edge of a big revolution, just almost there, just keep the government out, except for maybe a tax free status for 3-5 years for these companies developing the technology, but NO MORE handouts
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
spincycle is offline   Reply With Quote