Scooby Newbie

Member#: 190724
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i Sedan
Lightning Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac86 View Post
you're supposed to keep your stock airbox and snorkus, thats why you're getting bad readings.
i intentionally tried to make a short ram intake instead of a hybrid to see what kind of results i got. as it stands right now williaty's observations on older models still applies to the 08-09 as well. i can think of no other reason why i'd still be getting check engine lights at low rpms or at idle other than a large spike in the maf readings. the car is brand new, so it's safe to rule out a bad o2 sensor and i've sealed everything with silicone and even moved the maf around.

my little experiement seems to suggest that the spike at low rpms still exists and as such i'll be converting to a hybrid setup. i think it's important for people to actually go out and try it instead of just assuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnwrangler View Post
Thank You. I thought 2008=2009 but I never got any confirmation. I will look into that website and the other tips you gave. Do you think the horsepower gains and fuel efficiency are worth the cost? Or am I beating a dead horse?
gains are worth the cost to an extent. bolt ons will produce noticable gains for reasonable costs. if you REALLY want to save money you could even try and find a used exhaust, just make sure it's stainless steel. hybrid intake, exhaust, headers, light weight pully, etc are all worth it. for suspension some stiffer springs and a sway bar are definitely worth it. i have also found that a short throw shifter and new shifter bushings are a worthy investment as well. be patient, do research and shop around a lot.

for a better answer i'd need to know exactly what your goals are. also, fuel efficiency tends not to increase with more mods for me because I love the sound it makes
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bcware is offline   Reply With Quote