steve
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4718
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
~ too
many to list

You guys are confused...

It's not the higher offset causing issues, since he's rubbing on the inside. If it was low offset issues, he'd be rubbing the fender. The problem is the wheel is too wide, and too far in the well.

OP, try to find some little 4mm spacers. Those ones you can snag from a wheel shop for $5 each. That should take you further out, and away from the inner liner on the front. For the rear, don't touch them unless you have to.

The other issue of the inner fender liner not having anything to sit on can be fixed with a heat gun. Gently, slowly heat the plastic inner fender, while applying outward pressure. Basically, you're trying to stretch the plastic to reach the rolled fender lip. I spent about 30 minutes per side on mine, and they don't fall anymore. Another option is to drill a hole in the lip, and another in the fender liner, and use a small zap strap, but I prefer the melting method.

Finally, you never hear about the negative side of aggressive for two reasons.
#1 - people are full of ****
#2 - people are embarassed to admit they bought the wrong fitment

I've "secretly" fixed so many local cars, it's not even funny anymore. I actually charge more now to fix a **** up. It's sweet vengeance for the pricks who like to think they know it all...

Good luck man. The car looks good.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote