ImprezaRS dot com
over boosted again

Member#: 1458
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2013 B9 Tribeca LTD
2005 Impreza 2.5 RS

I'd like to hear some recs too...

I am making enough power to smoke both my old ACT clutch and my brand new old Exedy racing clutch if I try to slip it at very high revs. Both clutches grab fine if I rev it up at 5,500rpm and drop the clutch to get the tires to break loose. The revs drop no lower than 3,500 rpm when she grips, and she runs off like a scalded cat! There was NO slip with either clutch at ANY other time, only with slipping on high rev launches.

I am running a VF22 at 15 psi with full 3" twindump catless turboback on approx 9.4:1 compression 2.5L motor, and enough fuel for 400+ HP if the VF22 could do that much (more like 375hp max). I suspect my 4.4psi wastegate spring is leaking and would consider a stronger spring for more boost, but not until I finish my 8.5:1 motor. I get 11psi in first gear, 13 psi in second gear, and 15 psi in third through fifth with the boost contoller turned all the way up. This with stock ECU and 6 psi of timing retard over 5,000rpm, and 2 extra fuel injectors.

What is one step above the ACT and Exedy that will handle 400+ ftlbs of torque at the flywheel and still be streetable? i.e. I'd like to avoid a 3 puck copper that grabs too fast.

Larry "Doesn't know it all yet" Ganz
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ImprezaRS dot com is offline   Reply With Quote