Scooby Newbie

Member#: 181743
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i
dark M. Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFaceXC View Post
you're going to hold out for a $600 very limited, off the shelf only image flashing device instead of using a fully customizable, better fit to your specific car, weather, fuel, elevation, etc, user customizable solution with way more and oodles better support community than the AP? All I can ask is, "Why?" it can do DTC reading/clearing, too boot. if you dont mind plugging in spreadsheets to graph data, the tactrix cable w/ RR is really like a MODIS with even more usability.
Because the AP can also be custom tuned for one. For another I can swap maps based on what I'm doing on the fly without dragging my laptop (I don't own a Netbook, I own a full blown bulky 17.1" screen multimedia laptop) in the car since the Tactrix 2.0 cable does not do flashing from a MicroSD card yet last I checked. I'd like to be able to switch maps based on what gas type I'm using for the day (87 daily driving, 91/93 for the track/autox days) and be able to put the car into vallay(sp?) mode when I bring it into a non-dealer shop for work. Plus RR doesn't support my 5spd 2008 2.5i yet. If they add support for my car and the ability to flash with a PocketPC or Android phone before/if the AP comes out I'll most likely hop on that.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ronoverdrive; 01-07-2009 at 11:50 PM.
ronoverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote