Old 01-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
Doctor Murdock2
Top Scoob 016

Member#: 72981
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1998 OBSTI
Black

I don’t really post my car much, but figured Id toss the ghetto wag into this thread.

I drive a 1998 Outback Sport wagon, which I attend to keep it looking like for the most part. My love for this car started years ago when I was watching it be built at ECS Performance, and kept an eye on it for a lot of its build. It had the full STi conversion, and I told myself that I would build a similar car in the near future. At one point I even bought an old Subaru wagon as a swap car, but eventually sold it.

This is an old picture I found on my computer of my old WRX at ECS with my current wagon being built by the previous owner in the background.

About two years ago I had sold my much loved WRX, and was in the market for a new car. I actually never attended to buy another Subaru at this point, but then I saw it. The car that I had always wanted was up for sale, and I ended up purchasing the car for a price I could not pass up. Picking up this car was one of the most exciting days in my life, even though it needed some love. It turned out to be the perfect starting point for building the car that I always wanted.

At the time it was fairly beat up, and for the most part a full STi swap with a few bolt-on’s. No radio, boost leaks, almost blown tranny, needed alignment, over heated on hot days, bald tires and many other little things. Over the last two years I have been fixing up, and making the car my own. The ultimate goal is to build a sleeper, and I don’t plan on changing the exterior at all. The look on people’s faces is absolutely priceless when this little ugly Outback wagon opens the taps up.

The car put down 380awhp on EFI Logic's Mustang dyno, and the awesome tune was done by Matt from Dent Sport Garage. Here are the specifications...

DYNO VID -
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p...mpeg2video.flv

-Full 2004 STi swap (motor, tranny, dash, brakes...)

-Curb weight: around 2900lbs

Engine:
FPred turbo (8cm housing)
Tial 44mm wastegate (open dump)
Accessport V1
Perrin FMIC
Perrin uppipe
Perrin shortram intake
Perrin turbo inlet
Perrin fuel rails
Deatschwerks 850cc injectors
TGV deletes
B&B 3” catless downpipe
Borla Hush 3”catback
ACT sprung 6-puck clutch
Walbro fuel pump
Flex-a-lite radiator fans with manual switch
Samco radiator hoses
Gatorade Performance overflow tank

Suspension:
D2 coilovers
Cusco front swaybar
Whiteline rear swaybar
STi BBS wheels, RE070 tire’s
Hawk HPS break pads
Stoptech SS brakelines
WRX(06) seats

Future plans:
Axis Stage 2 block
Aquamist Meth kit
Cosworth cams
Maintenance (a lot)
PPG gears (when 6-speed breaks!)

I’m pretty much halfway done with my planned build, and should finish it up by this summer. Basically my entire setup is geared towards meth injection, but I have yet to install a meth kit. The turbo should REALLY wake up with a meth kit, and the race block will help a bit too. The car is already super fun the way it sits right now, but there is always room for improvement. I don’t plan on any exterior work at all, and hope to keep it as sleeper as I can. Might try to take it out and make a better video for you guys.

Thanks -

BIG BOB CHAMP.

ECS Performance for building such an outstanding car, and always helping me out along the way. Dent Sport Garage for the awesome tune, and figuring out the radiator issue. Shawn at Best Transmission in Springfield Mass, would never bring a tranny anywhere else.

Nasioc.com, CTsubie.com, MassDriven.com, RS25.com

All of my friends that have helped me out along the way, and somehow got the car to where it is today.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Doctor Murdock2; 02-25-2009 at 10:40 PM.