Scooby Guru

Member#: 3687
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
MY99 GF4 JDM 6spd
NF Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwrx View Post
hi FuJi K, currently my car is running 350whp revving to 7000rpms on a built 2.5L, what kind of gearset do u recommend for my MY07 2.5wrx so that it can be a Quick and Fast street car?? currently my 5mt gearbox is running on stock 3.454/1.947/1.366/0.972/0.738 with 4.111FinalDrive. on top of being quick and fast, i am also looking to strengthen the gearbox.
many tks
You can't go wrong with doing the LGT 1-2-3 gears in with yours if you're on a budget. You happen to have a 4.111FD which I find IMO to be great medium matched for gear sets that's are available at the moment.

MFactory's mainshaft has upgraded so there's HOPE in a stronger hold. A handful of people are running that gear set at the moment. Early buyers had problems with that mainshaft flexing but should now if replaced with the NEW one and guys with them installed recently shouldn't have a problem either.
The ratios are a little longer in 1st gear but shorter when you roll through them. Shifting into 5th gear will yield a big gap. If you don't mind the hiway RPM and want a decent gap you can have the USDM Subaru Outback's 5th gear installed with the MFactory's 1-4; Outback 5th gear ratio is .871.

... you have the option of jumpin to the 6spd if you want.
BTW do you have a USDM WRX? a 4.111FD in that tranny doesn't seem USDM to me.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
FuJi K is offline   Reply With Quote