View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 04:14 AM   #17
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)
Member#: 110247

Originally Posted by snowmanwrx View Post
"I will edit my original post to show the corrected thickness information. I think the concern is buying one of the most expensive TMICs on the market without being able to see testing showing real performance gains."

Thanks for reading.

hi, sorry for digging up an old tread. so is there any update on how much better is this PW TMIC compare to STI TMIC?? and how much whp can this PW TMIC support comfortably???? am thinking of getting it too. hope to hear some reply from u guys or even better, from Process West

many tks
I have never seen to date any test showing a swap of an STi intercooler with the PW TMIC. The only information I have ever heard is that you can run the setup and it feels cooler to the touch. That's not dyno data or lap time data, so it means nothing to me.

I firmly believe this is an outstanding upgrade for the WRX intercooler and the craftsmanship was superb on the piece. However, unless I see a test proving otherwise, I do not believe that there are large gains to be had simply from running this intercooler. The upgrade from the stock WRX intercooler was well documented at each step with dyno data. It would be very easy to do the same with the STi intercooler.

The testing that I saw stopped short of actually testing the STi intercooler to compare:
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by scoobienoobienoo; 02-02-2009 at 04:22 AM.
scoobienoobienoo is offline   Reply With Quote