Old 02-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #15
Subie_Sleeper68
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 166403
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Silver 340 AWHP 365 AWTQ

I work at a dealer. If you knew (you may know, I'm not sure and won't second guess here) how much markup there is on the cars, the warranties, the interest rates, and other servicies you might be able to see why I feel that covering modded cars with a one time freebie on parts that break (many dealers already do this) won't impact the sale price. if you look at a Subaru model linup brochure for 2009 (the same at every dealer) there are pictures of wrx's and sti's doing dougnuts in the snow. In our advertising! If someone takes a stock car and goes out ripping in the snow and catches a dry spot thus breaking something they'll try not to cover it. there are pictures that the techs have of what to look for for abuse to not do warranty work. You are right in the fact that it is cheating and I'm pissed because as an employee I am not able to get the work covered here. BUT as a sales rep I KNOW that the average price of wrx and lgt models has stayed pretty much the same with minor increases due to inflation. The 09 wrx is more because of the one year run and upgrade that we did from 08 to 09. If dealers are doing this all the time for regular customers to keep a good relationship and get good surveys (which we have agreed happens) where is the huge increase in price? It doesn't happen because it's worked into the price of the cars. I have my (biased because I'm pissed lol) view and you have yours. We can agree to disagree and move on.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Subie_Sleeper68 is offline   Reply With Quote