When I debadged my friends camry I did the following.
1) After pulling off all the badges I heat up the glue with a heat gun
2) Pour goo gone over a section that you will be working on, there is a goo gone automotive formula which is available at places like autozone.
3) Begin rubbing the glue off with a towel you don't want or pick it off with your fingernail, I found it easier just to pick it off with fingernail.
4) After all the glue is removed, there should still be a slight outline of where the glue was
5) use some 3m rubbing compound and give it a good buff
After I did all that the paint was absolutely flawless, you couldn't even tell there was a badge there or anything.