CRAIG MERRILL
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 122237
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI
Blue

I'm happy with my cobb Turbo back. I have the catted down pipe. I guess We have a modified exaust ban here in washington and the cops on whidbey have been crackin down and handing out tickets and warnings so I hear. So thats why I went with the cobb. The muffler/tip looks kinda like stock but better in the fact that it's smaller and polished. It's not a big round coffie can sticking out of the back at an angle that draws attention to you.
It's got a nice mellow rumble thats just loud enough to be heard when you'r gettin on it but not draw too much attention to you. It just sounds good.

My big complaint and ONLY problem with the kit is that I bought a ....3.....inch turbo back!!!! but at the end of the down pipe where it bolts to the mid pipe it tapers down to 2 1/2 in for people who just want the DP with there stock exaust. I am pretty sure I looked at all the specs on the kit when I bought it and no where did I see that I bought a 3 to 2 1/2 back to 3 inch kit. I called them and they said it would cost you some power up in the higher rpm's and that I should just take it to an exaust shop and have them cut the 2 1/2 in section out and have it re-done to be 3 in when I am in the 400 hp range...... but that is not what i was under the impression that I bought. I bought it with a cat and I know that's going to cost me a few hp, but I shouldnt have to modify something I just bought to make it how It should have came in the first place.
This wouldnt have been an issue if it was made clear before or while I was buying it, but not as I'm opening up the box on my new exaust.

Aside from that I really like the kit and it bolted up great on my 06 TR for 15k miles and then right on the 06 STI(10k with TBE) when I traded in my TR. It's made it thru 2 winters with sanded roads and up and down my 1/4 mile long Dirt/mud drive way every day and it still is not showing ANY signs of rust or corosion(quality of metals is the other reason I bought it) as the factory bolts that hold the DP on the car and even the stock exaust on the old car which was on there for a lesser amount of time are already starting to rust.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CRAIG MERRILL is offline   Reply With Quote