Old 02-25-2009, 06:21 AM   #1322
TuningIsLife
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 191380
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Hydro Blue

Two different issues. STI issues were due to ringland failure and also included a stop sale with a specific VIN. Therefor a stated problem. This is about the 2009 WRX with rod bearing failures causing engine knock between a certain RPM on a specific set of VINs that is a non stated problem.

On a side note, I think the car gods are whispering "You should have bought a Lexus"

I was driving down the road, 220mi on the clock, 145 of them by me, and my check engine light came on. I turned off the radio, the heat, and listened, no noise. I stopped by an Advance Auto to get the code pulled, but they said it was broke so I bought a code puller myself. Two codes, both P2097 (Post catlyst Rich Bank 1). I cleared the codes, went to start the car, no love, just cranked but would not turn over. I sighed, got out, pulled the ECU fuse and tried again. This time it cranked. We shall see if it comes back on.

I wonder if it has something to do with the dealer swaping the SPT exhaust from the old car to the new one.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TuningIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote