Old 02-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Doncolberto530
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 204156
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
Silver

Question 1995 Impreza L with blown motor

Hey everyone first off I am a total Subaru Virgin before buying this car yesterday. I found an Automatic 1995 Impreza L AWD 2.2 Four Door in good shape minus a blown engine for $300. I also found someone selling a 2.2 engine with a manual tranny for $300... Now, I have reviewed many posts on here and have seen lots of stuff on conversion technical issues and things of that nature. I DID use the search feature but am still wondering if I should just throw another 2.2 in there and maybe do an auto to Manual conversion or if I should just hold out and get a 2.5 engine or something larger. My intent here is to built something that I can use as a daily driver but still has enough HP to make me grin like an idiot from time to time. Finances naturally are a factor here so if I can throw the 2.2 in there for $300 and then do mods here and there for a reasonable price then I will do that. Then again if I can find something more powerful for not much more than I am going to go that route. Like I said I am totally new at this and am having a couple mechanically inclined friends help me. Any help would be most useful. No eye rolling for you pros out there...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Doncolberto530 is offline   Reply With Quote