alfriedesq
Scooby Guru

Member#: 6788
Vehicle:
2005 STI
10.9 @ 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merp View Post
I take it you're still using the T3 flange? What exhaust housing?

Who makes those sleeves?

Wat? If you ask me it's got some serious issues. T3 flange, contorted downpipe, header cracking issues. Although, I suppose it's cheap in comparison to a UR or FR setup. Hope it works out for ya.

Should be interesting to see the results of a big HTA comp running twinscroll.
A few things about the APS turbo kit and APS parts

From what I have seen they make the best designed and highest quality parts for Subarus

I know that their old design headers had some cracking issues but this is a new design and I have seen many olther brand headers crack as well

Although the down pipe does have a turn in it given its diameter and design I don't feel it will have a significant impact on performance

The back housing is a T3 1.06 twin scroll which is capable to run high 8's / low 9's on an Evo and make mid 700 whp which is the goal of this car

After installing the APS turbo kit, I am very pleased with the fit, design, value and I would not consider changing it. Even if I loose a few whp on the down pipe bend its well worth it to have a uppipe flange that wont pop out and leak every two weeks and having serious well designed turbo supports, etc

We'll see how the project turns out
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
alfriedesq is offline   Reply With Quote