Scooby Newbie

Member#: 191380
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Hydro Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball1 View Post
Okay this is scary. An employee of SOA said people with engine failures abused their cars (or modded them or failed to check their oil). If these 09 WRXs are failing under normal driving conditions, what chance do we have for long-term reliability? Not good.
There are a lot of people who claim this. That if the engine failed it is due to abuse. Well I for one know, I blew up 2 motors and broke both in properly. SoA NEVER ONCE mentioned the word abuse to me. The dealer on the other hand did. I also have gotten a PM from another member looking to purchase who stated the dealer said if the motors were blowing up it was from abuse. If anyone has seen my posts, you would know I have pried a decent amount of info out of SoA, that they state vehicles made after 09/08 should not be prone to this problem. Even our record keeping here proves that point. If a dealer tells you there is no such thing as a problem, show them the list, point out the dates, and tell them to lick boot.

Above all remember. The Magnuson-Moss Act is your friend.

Quote:
No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumerís using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this sub-section may be waived by the Commission if

1. the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and
  2. the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest.
The district courts of the United States shall have jurisdiction of any action brought by the Attorney General (in his capacity as such), or by the Commission by any of its attorneys designated by it for such purpose, to restrain (A) any warrantor from making a deceptive warranty with respect to a consumer product, or (B) any person from failing to comply with any requirement imposed on such person or pursuant to this chapter or from violating any prohibition contained in this chapter.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TuningIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote