Old 03-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #20
Vlad
Scooby Guru

Member#: 46135
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Sti V9 Spec C

Well, APS were nice enough to help me, following a call I made to Australia.
They may or may not want me to post a scan here, so I'll describe in words.

As far as placement of the servo adapters:

Unlike the photo that I've found, these are ment to be installed vertically, using the brackets.
The passenger side adapter stands vertical, with its wide side paralel, above the coil packs. The bracket holds it by two screws and is fastened through the bracket screw of the power steering line.
In other words: the powersteering line passes under the side of the coolant tank. it is held to the side of the head, by a bracket with a screw. take the screw out, put it through the TGV servo plate bracket and fasten it back into position.
On this side, the sensor will be towads the fender and the motor will be towards the intake manifold.

On the driver's side, the bracket goes above the dipstick support bracket. Take the screw out, then put the TGV bracket in.
The TGV adapter goes paralel above the coilpacks with the motor towards the fender and the sensor towards the manifold.

There is an advice note to untape the wiring loom, to be able to extend the wiring for sensors/motors.
Installation is:
You rotate the gear of the adaptor clockwise till it hits the stop.
Then fit the motor.
Then you slide the sensor into the adaptor shaft, so that you can then rotate it clockwise 90 degrees, till the cable connector is facing upwards, then fasten that in place.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote