subsecret
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 195826
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2001 JDM STI V7 WRX,
White

Default rigoli crank

Yes that is correct the crank my mate has used does have a larger set of oil holes in the center of it he is the local PAR dealer for nz and said the theory behind it is that the oil wants to take the least path of resistance first meaning that the center of the crank still gets good supply as the oil demands increase. Are you guys doing the dowelling on the main bolt holes? I know that this is a fairly inexpensive excersise and if it does help with longevity of the main bearings it is probably worth doing, i have a version 7 sti jdm spec and even though it is a phase2 motor with the revised factory rods is still not strong enough to support my mods i have planned so i will be rebuilding it with argo i beam rods and after reading some of the other threads here will probably be using mahale pistons, factory sti crank(JDM spec is double crossdrilled) acl race bearings and a set of Kelford cams heads they are a custom port cam lift and profile and heavy springs good for revs an hp. the guy with the super gt wrx race car has a cnc setup for doing the crank case dowelling at a reasonable price.

Just a quick note i will be using a factory vf36 turbo rebuilt with a ported p20 single scroll exhaust housing and much larger compressor wheel, has only cost me $850NZD so about $500USD, this turbo setup has been run recently here in nz (albeit using the p25 twin scroll housing) on a version 8 jdm spec c sti and is making 310kw atw and is good for a 10.9sec quatermile (Speedsource is the tuning shop that owns this car) its damn fast for a reasonably standard car. check out NZ performance car magazine for a full run down.

some thoughts or comments on the engine bulid are much appreciated cheers
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
subsecret is offline   Reply With Quote