Things I find interesting...
1) Feedback for 2010 change of Sunsetting of Stock cars.
The SAC continues to seek feedback regarding the following rule change proposal, which would be incorporated into next year’s rule book, becoming effective 1/1/2010: Add new second paragraph to 13.0 as follows: “A car will remain eligible for Divisional, National Tour, and National Championship events through the end of the 30th calendar year after the manufacturer-designated model year of the car.”
Which means any car that was made in 1980 or earlier would no longer be eligible for stock. Think about this 10 years or 15 years from now how this will effect stock. With cars lasting longer than ever right now. Would it matter?
2) Feedback for updated stock re-org proposal.
3) Submitted to the BOD: Move the Mini Cooper S from GS to DS. YAY!!!!
4) Tech Bulletin Street Touring: Per the STAC, 14.10.6 should read as follows: “All vehicles must comply with the EPA tail pipe emissions test requirements as a minimum.” How does one make sure they comply if there is no way to test in the area?
5) Tech BulletinStreet Touring: Due to performance potential, the ‘09 Lancer Ralliart (turbocharged) is added to the STX exclusion list. It is legal for the ST category only in STU.
6) Tech BulletinStreet Touring: The ‘08-’09 Cobalt SS (turbocharged) is no longer being considered for exclusion from STX, and may compete there.