AshJWilliams
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 189781
Vehicle:
2010 Tacoma
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea cups View Post
The list should be (and has been) limited to the specific rod knocking symptom and subsequent failure. We don't want to lump in failures due to other causes and it sounds like his failure was due to an oil leak at one of the turbo supply lines which caused oil starvation in the motor.
I disagree...this is just another 09 WRX exhibiting engine failure and it should be documented. Besides the guy indicated multiple times in his post that a sound is what indicated to him that he had a problem...Change Engine Sound? Even if there was an oil leak what do you think ultimately happened? Poor lubrication conditions resulting in...spun rod bearing...? Sounds like the same problem to me.

Tom check out BIGSKY's post to see if that sound is familiar. Also maybe you could elaborate a little more on the information contained on your service reports. I guess I'd be more interested in the recent total engine/turbo failure (although I take it your vehicle is currently in the shop so maybe this will have to wait).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AshJWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote