Scooby Guru

Member#: 3687
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
MY99 GF4 JDM 6spd
NF Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04trailsti View Post
OK quick one, LGT tranny or the 4.44 fxt tranny for a DD/ rally-auto x. I heard that the FXT 5 speed, is stronger than theimpreza, but where does the LGT tranny fall in?
I'd say....find a Outback XT 5spd. Geared same as LGT but with a 4.444, which is the same as STi Version 5/6. You'd have to run a push type clutch for '06+ WRX for this application.

The LGT tranny, geared same as JDM STi Ver 5/6 with a 4.111 gives you a little more speed through the gears. The Forester XT tranny will feel shorter. The FXT tranny run the same gearing as the WRX, just with a 4.444FD compared to a 3.900FD and the 3.700FD (ewww). I'd say it was geared that way with the final drive in case folks are looking to TOW, as with the Outbacks and their shorter 5th gear on the NA models and 4.444 on the turbo models. Geared for intended application, see!

For AutoX, people will argue that short gearing is not good, then others will say too long and out of the power band. If you can SHIFT FAST, you are much quick around the autoX course with shorter ratios like the 6spd. The autoX course size matters too. Some places are SMALL, some places are HUGE. I have the JDM 6spd, and it's really nice for what I intend to do with my car. I've driven PPG.... oh that's totally geared for something else, especially running with a 3.900FD... lolz
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
FuJi K is offline   Reply With Quote