Old 04-26-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
glilly
Magic 8 ball says Ban

Member#: 7245
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
13 BRZ
08 Avalanche

Ah, it's good to be back. So, i've had this car for a few months now. Many of ya'll may remember a couple of my past Subarus, (a silver 02 WRX and a black/kevlar carboned 04 STi), after those, I sold out and bought a Lexus IS350, then missed the Suby and ended up with a S2000 instead. While the Honda has been a blast (I still have it too), I couldn't hold out any longer and came back.

Just a few things done to the STI, ...I still drive the truck daily, (sold the Lexus for an Avalanche). I picked up the car in early February, couldn't pass up on that 0% deal. Besides just wanting another Subay again, I wanted a car I could still drive wherever, whenever and still put my 4yo daughter in the back seat, take her to school in, etc... I'm also done with the S, and what better platform than another STI to get back in. Anyway, I did want to keep the modifications simple, ...at least for now. Anyone can go out and drop $10k and do it all at once. I wanted to try and go about it a bit differently; I wanted to show how keeping it simple and using modifications that flow with the car can really add a lot, ...for a little.

As far as future plans for the car, ...well those of you that know me will know. The car will most likely not be seeing any track days or auto-x's, but instead will once again serve as a advertising tool for the business as well as just be another fun project to keep my hobby going. I will likely be attending the local shows upon building up the car to a fun, streetable, show piece of what my iteration of an 08 STI can be.

Anyway, ...simple, sweet and to the point.

Mod List

Engine:
- Cobb AP
- Cobb DP
- Greddy SE cat back exhaust
- STI short throw
- SPT oil cap
- SPT battery tie down
- Carbing Craft carbon fiber alternator cover

Suspension:
- H&R Sport Springs
- Perrin front strut bar

Wheels/Tires:
- Enkei GTC01 19x9.5+42
- BF Goodrich KDW 265/30/19
- Rays Duralumin extended lugs

Exterior:
- Chargespeed/Bottomline carbon fiber lip kit
- OEM sport grill
- Tinted tails
- Perrin shorty antenna
- Mach V billet bumper trim
- window tint

Interior:
- STI duracon shift knob
- SPT boost gauge
- OEM Nav w/ XM sat option
- Homelink mirror

Future Mods:
- i'm still searching for the GRB Recaro seats
- full custom audio (stock really sucks)
- tighten up the suspension (coilovers, sways, braces, etc...)
- eventually, I will succumb to the inevitable and follow suit with something very powerful.

I'm sure i'm missing a few things, i'll keep updating.

I gotta say, It sure does feel good to drive a Subaru again!

Thanks for getting me to the Final Round, ...I must say, I'm pretty surprised against the competition.

I think this just goes to show, ...keeping a project simple & clean can go a long way.

Thanks again for all your support Nasioc!!

Greg (would put banana here, but I used up 10 image tags)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by glilly; 06-09-2009 at 03:11 PM.