SoloImpreza
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 42520
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
99 impreza w ej205

Default My 99 legacy gt limited to 5spd. Not your normal situation

hey guys,

i need some help. this swap is a little different then what you will probably be thinking of telling me to do.

first off, its my girlfriends 1999 legacy gt limited. it was an auto. here is what i did......

i got a 1999 5spd bulkhead harness from junkyard and swapped everything in. heres the problem. the junkyard didnt give me a 1999 5spd bulkhead. they have me a 1997 bulkhead harness. i had to continue the swap because she had no car, and i could not source a legacy 5 spd DOHC ej25 1999 5 spd harness.

so, i installed the my 97 bulkhead harness, which led to rear harness having to be installed from a MY 97, and the fuel tank harness from a MY 97 as well.

so, now the issues i have are this.
No vehicle speed sensor. i know the sensor works because i popped it out and plugged it into another subaru.
No power locks, or mirrors. Windows work. so, seems like a pinout chart is needed.
the key is stuck in ignition because of auto steering column. i want to try and trick it with power from fuse box.
ABS light is on, probably due to the vehicle speed sensor not getting picked up.
.....soooooo, as a run down...bulkhead, rear, fuel, all are MY 97. dash harness and front harness are MY 1999. i am running a MY 97 ecu. wont start with MY 99 with current wiring.

my question is rather than doing all this pinout crap, i would still have to figure emissions since the MY 99's are in the rear, and the MY 97's are up front, would a legacy 5pd bulkhead MY 1999 ej22 work with MY 99 ej25 DOHC. if not, should i just install ej22 with MY 99 bulkhead. thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SoloImpreza is offline   Reply With Quote