View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
GriffithBuilt
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 141927

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrturbo View Post
Ryan at area 1320 recently did the same swap to a lifted 92 Lego wagon I sold him awhile back. You may want to contact him. I believe his only major issue was the IAC which he wound up just snugging up on the throttle cable to make it idle. I drove it since it was done, it did seem very quirky running and idling was a little tricky till it warmed up. When I was contemplating swapping the wagon when I had it, after research I was leaning more toward a DOHC 2.5, seemed alot more straight forward. And also you will be fine with any dual port exhaust setup.
Ok so this seems relatively straightforward then. Someone earlier mentioned that the Cam angle & Crank angle sensors were different, which was my main concern. As for the IAC, I'll fab an adapter and call it a day. Now, the factory '93 IAC connects to the TPS on the EJ22 throttle, so I have to compare the TPS from the EJ25 intake that I have still not picked up and potentially adapt my TB over as well. It does look like there are a number of different styles of IAC, some integrated with a throttle, others not. Some 3 wire, others 6. That difference I would guess is the difference between a PWM & Stepper type setup or something involving the method of functionality for the internals of the IAC. I'll need to stick with the 3 wire variant to get my ECU to talk to it. ANd the plumbing might be interesting if I can't find a three wire throttle integrated unit as my IAC has the coolant passage in it.

Jason
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GriffithBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote