Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (18)

Member#: 151964
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2007 Forester XT Lim
CGM

Smile Maxwell Power Services aka GetaDomTune

I drove up north yesterday to get my FXT with 18G tune by Dom. Dom is a great guy, and I got a shop tour, they have got some kick-ass equipments there, another guy (didn't get your name) working on 2 different 2.5l engine blocks from what I can see. The grimmspeed pnp coated intake manifold sitting on the desk is a beauty!

We started of getting a baseline read, I didn't get much of a tune after spent hundreds with a local tuner but much of it was not their fault (a few mechanical issues). A lot of fun doing road tuning, playing a little cat and mouse with local cops. The first few runs without a proper base map, I hit 21psi with a few knocks. Apparently I don't have any EBCS issue at all (couldn't get proper boost from previous tuner). Dom started working on creating a base map and do his magic. The powerband got smoother and we are hitting target boost more stable after a few real-time tuning, consistantly around 18PSI (My DD with 4EAT, so I am not going crazy here).

Took a bathroom break and Dom fine-tune my map with wideband o2 sensor while we make a few more runs. Took about 3 hours with a few software update, glad the computer god was corporating.

I am super happy with the tune, glad to have another one of the good guy here in PNW. The TPS adjustment Dom did make the car so much more responsive. I would love to go back on the dyno once they have it sorted out. For the price I paid, I feel like I stole money from them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by AwaySooner; 05-11-2009 at 12:47 PM.
AwaySooner is offline   Reply With Quote