Thread: Twin Turbo?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2001, 09:49 PM   #3
RSer2580
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4065
Unhappy

You are right about it being less complicated, but how fast can it possibly get? There is a 2.5L that ran in the 12's with twin turbo. That's the only reason I brought it up. But that is irrelevant cause I'm not planning to run 12's and would be satisfied if I was in the mid to upper 13's. (I just want to beat those damn stock Camaros.)

If I went the single turbo route, what would I need to change, and what would be the estimated cost? Also, how reliable is the boxer when it comes to mods...? I will prob need to change the pistons for better compression and chose some other tranny cause I hear this one is not made for higher hp, but what else? And won't I still need an electronic system management?

I don't know what brands to go with, or who to turn to. This all wheel drive thing is even hard to grasp cause I just converted from Nissan. This is a cooler company thats for sure, and things are very different here in Scooby Town.

I appreciate any info you guys can share with me. I'm trying to go the best route here and need some guidance.

[This message has been edited by RSer2580 (edited February 15, 2001).]
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RSer2580 is offline   Reply With Quote