Old 05-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
Sylvain b
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 43330
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
1993 Impreza L
Titanium grey

Default Rear LSD issue and DCCD setting.

Hello everyone.

I am autoxing for the last two years with my impreza L swapped impreza version 6 (engine + tranny + etc).

The car is setupped more like a FWD than a RWD due to it's natural tendency to understeer AND my experience as a former FWD rally driver.

This situation cause my exterior rear wheel to be lifted during low speed/high G corners. In the past, when applying throttle a little before the apex, the car was power oversteering a little bit so no understeer ans great speed.

Since the end of last summer, the exterior rear wheel spin when the rear LSD is a LITTLE bit hotter than ambiant temperature.

MANY seconds left here and there in slow corner.

A solution that works but is only a temporary "patch" to the problem is to set the DCCD to partialy locked (first orange light). It is helping the car to exit the corner and when spped is better and the rear wheel hit the grount, the cars exit very well.

My question is:
- Do setting the DCCD like this with slick tire on dry asphalt will destroy my DCCD in a short period of time?

I know it will probably worn it faster. But I much faster?

And my next 2 questions:
- If I can find a cheap R180 LSD from a recent STI, will it be clutch type or helical?
- If it is helical, will it cure my exterior rear wheel spin issue?

Thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Sylvain b is offline   Reply With Quote