Scooby Guru

Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Dtech View Post
This thread really has me wanting one in the subie, so what is the smallest radio out there. I was just looking at one of those all in the mic radios from cobra, which I'm thinking would be good mated to that antenna posted back on the first page that went through the trunk, so when I'm just around town, I can have the antenna off, and the mic stowed away, but then for longer trips I can hook everything up.
The all-in-mic CBs are complete and utter crap. Don't waste your money.

The absolute smallest radio I know of that actually works well is the smaller of the two RadioShack brand ones. It'll actually fit down between the side of the seat and the tranny tunnel. However, you pay quite a premium to get that slightly smaller case.

The Midland 1001Z, Cobra 19DXIV, and Uniden 510/520 are all barely bigger than the RS model and all work about equally well. However, the Midland costs considerably less than the Cobra or Uniden. Any of them will work.

As far as your antenna, yeah, putting an NMO mount in the lid of the trunk or in the roof would be your best bet for "stealth" and performance together. When you're not running the radio, take off the antenna and put the little rain cap on and no one is going to notice it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote