I bought this GC8 about 6 months ago with the intention of building it up little by little but with the addition of baby I have to get a 4 door family car (according to wifey)
I'll build another Subaru in the future, but 4 door (Legacy).
UPDATE: Wifey's company gave her a choice of vehicles
1. Chevy Malibu
2. Ford Fusion
3. Subaru Legacy (easy choice here)
Price: $5,900 ***** SOLD ******
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Engine: EJ20 WRX
Drivetrain: 02 USDM WRX tranny, driveshaft, rear differential
Mileage: Over 100K on car, around 50K on engine
Control Arms Front: USDM WRX wagon
I bought this 2.5RS from my neighbor who had done the EJ20 swap a couple years ago. Long story short. He blew the original EJ20 that he swapped in it, got it rebuilt, blew that one and the car sat in his driveway for about 7 months. I purchased it and got a stock EJ20 re installed. I even have an extra engine wiring harness and ECU, that I will provide with it.
I purchased the EJ20 from a reputable JDM engine importer here in south Florida and purchased a 2000 JDM EJ20, from a GC8 WRX, I was told. Not sure why it has the TGV's and it wired up directly to the USDM wiring harness though. It runs, idles fine and has good compression.
Here is a listing of some features on GC8 when I bought it:
- carbon fiber hood
- carbon fiber STi rear spolier (not installed)
- No SRS or Cruise Control (that is how I got the car)
- WRX Instrument Cluster
- Enkei lightweight 17" Racing rims with Falken tires (75% thread left)
- Gen 1 Accessport with Street Tuner (I don't have time to mess with this)
- Greddy Turbo Timer
- Short shifter (not sure what brand but shifts sweet!)
I installed these in the last couple of months:
- custom 3" exhaust with Apexi WS2 muffler
- up pipe
- Megan downpipe
- K&N Air Filter
- 02-03 WRX front and rear seats
- 02-03 WRX Momo steering wheel and shift knob (You'll get the RS Steering wheel too)
- Front WRX JDM grill
- 2 factory OEM RS25 hood vents (Still have the carbon fiber ones)
- new Exedy OEM clutch (2K miles on it)
- WRX clutch master and slave (have extra CM and slave too)
- Brand new WRX OEM radiator (500 miles on it)
- Honda coolant
- RS25 compressor with new belts (ice cold AC)
- OEM Subaru RS25 foglights (with Nokya 55W yellow bulbs, custom wiring and relay)
Please contact me via email if interested.
EMAIL: surfpac at gmail dot com
The car drives great and is not loud at all, especially at idle. Still has the nice boxer sound though when you step on it. I will miss this little car.