Old 05-31-2009, 08:00 PM   #15
Storm
Scooby Guru

Member#: 5218
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
96L Most Over-
Developed Beater

James, I've had alot of fun in FWD Mopars. The L body is a neat little platform that should do well! Some things of note: The "GLH" stands for "Goes Like Hell"....Honest!!! Brutal torque steer abounds....so be careful shifting through 2nd, 3rd and 4th. It'll change lanes if you aren't careful. Find an "A555" trans, as the diff is strongest in them, and iirc, it has equal length axles. I dunno if OBX has an LSD application for them, but if so....you'll need it. The bottom ends are nearly bulletproof, but the head isn't the greatest in the world. A 16v head off a Lebaron TC (maserati head) or Spirit R/T is the golden ticket.

Box in the rear beam for much more stiffness and Konis will help tremendously. Being a GLH, it should already have the bigger, stronger 5x100mm hubs. Us Subie folks have wheels that'll fit. I know Patrick L. will have his 15x10" Diamonds FS soon. If it's still on 4 lug hubs, they're 4x100mm so wheel choices should be plentiful. A M/C, caliper/rotor setup from a Caravan will provide more stoppage up front while disc brakes from any P body will handle the rear end (increasing the rear bias as well).

Search for "team mini me", Cliff Sebring, or any other FWD turbo Dodge terms to glean a world of info.

I miss my old 87 Omni.......that car did things it shouldn't have been capable of.

Jay
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote